Forum Title: Window leak in interior
I have a decorative window (doesn't open) that has a small leak between the seams of a vinyl frame. Not where the glass meets the frame and not where the frame meets the wall, but where the vinyl meets itself. Can this be easily fixed?
Category: Windows & Doors Post By: DON AUSTIN (Montebello, CA), 01/10/2019

It looks like a trickle vent that was used by some manufacturers years ago. I doubt if you'll be able to find this part.

- VIOLET STEVENSON (Palmdale, CA), 02/17/2019

Hopefully this picture came through okay; i've added an arrow to show the seam where the leak has started.

- BRITTANY BATES (Naperville, IL), 02/21/2019

Ok, that's better! That piece around the perimeter of the glass is a glazing stop. If water is coming from there it indicates water around the perimeter of the double pane IGU. If its leaking during rain, it probably means the wet glaze on the exterior of the window has failed. Your best option would probably be to add a very small bead of 100%silicone around the exterior perimeter of the glass.

- DOROTHY WILSON (Newton, MA), 03/03/2019

Support & Remodeling Resources For Homeowners

requestaquote Get Free Quotes callnow 888-506-9527