Forum Title: Vertical sliding window came off
This is a vertical sliding window. The lower slides up and over the top panel. There are two spring loaded frames or mechanisms on each side of the window frame. There is a wire that has a small hook and it hooks in a slot in the frame in the wall. Here is my question: I have the sliding sliding frame/panel out and the two spring channels are out too. Do I put the window in first, slide the channels up both sides of the window then somehow try and hook the clips into the slots? Or do I put the channels in the place, hook the clips, then put the window panel in? I have removed the plastic stops in the very top of the frame so that I can push the window up all the way to the top. Hope this makes sense.
Category: Windows & Doors Post By: BERNICE BANKS (Boca Raton, FL), 01/03/2019

Depends on the style and what you are looking to spend. The Anderson 3000 and 4000 series are very nice doors with insulated/tinted/etched/caned glass options and robust hardware. They are full glass doors, so you'd have to have a place to store the glass/screen if you wanted to switch them each season. They aren't cheap if you start adding options though.

- LLOYD LITTLE (Lauderhill, FL), 02/07/2019

Hi Sleeper. Yes it works like a block and tackle spring balance where when pushed upwards it will stop and sit in any position. When you say The balances should never come out of the frame are you referring to the metal frame that contains the spring and rope? There are two, one for each side. Also when you say sash I assume that refers to the actual window glass and frame around it? I'll give it a try when I get home tonight.

- LAWRENCE PETERSON (Lincoln, CA), 02/19/2019

by frame I mean the sides of the window frame that both sashes fit into and slide between, not the balance itself. The hole that the hook goes into is in the frame. The clips I was referring to are usually a few inches above the hole that the hook goes into, also in the frame. Usually the balances just hang in the frame and do not come out. If they come out, something usually went wrong. And yes, a sash is the glass and frame as a unit.

- CARLOS REYES (Sterling Heights, MI), 03/03/2019

For Homeowners & Businesses - Helpful Links, Reviews, Ratings, Consumer Guide

requestaquote Get Free Quotes callnow 888-506-9527